Delivering Infrastructure-as-a-Service on Google Cloud to accelerate Solvay's digital transformation
Solvay is an advanced materials and specialty chemicals company committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges. The company is headquartered in Brussels, Belgium, with around 26,500 employees in 61 countries, realizing over €10 billion in revenue in 2019. Solvay has selected Vanenburg as a global partner to support, maintain, and improve all of its apps on the Google Cloud Platform. Resulting in a high-quality future-proof application landscape served at a lower integral cost.
Their challenges were:
- An increasing number of digital Google Cloud applications, not able to scale to operate. Each of these applications is being built without centralized sharing of best practices & processes.
- Auditing was complex as the applications were scattered, without domain-specific grouping.
- Need for standard monitoring and alerting policies on various levels like infrastructure, application, network, and security to detect threats and vulnerabilities and mitigate them.
- Need for a highly-trained operations team that can provide 24/7 support and ensure service availability for mission-critical applications.
- Applications were built and maintained by different vendors and teams across Solvay’s businesses.
Vanenburg managed to establish a partnership with one vendor for full end-to-end service delivery on GCP, providing enterprise-wide security, resource visibility and utilization across workloads, and a significant improvement in service levels through 24/7 global support.